AssetLink Values and COmpany Policies
- Your professional integrity is the most important thing you bring to work every day and the most important thing you take home with you at night. Constructively challenge others, question assumptions, do what is right, and be sure you can always sleep soundly at night.
- We do what is best to solve a customer’s problem, not what is easiest or most profitable.
- Our solutions must always be usable, useful, straightforward and provide the desired outcome in practice. Never put technology over utility.
- Relationships of mutual trust and respect with our customers and partners are everything. Always put the long-term relationship ahead of short-term gain.
- Never compromise our ability to adequately solve a customer’s problem in order to win business. Never sell an inferior product, or cut prices so far that we cannot fulfill our commitments.
- Solve a known set of problems extremely well. Be open to addressing new customer needs, but only if we can do it well and without compromising our standing commitments.
- Respect everyone we come in contact with, no matter their position, perspective, age, background, or skillset.
- Scientists, entrepreneurs, and corporate innovators expand all of our horizons. Work to support these innovators around the world whenever feasible.
AssetLink Company Policies
Business Conduct and Ethics
AssetLink is committed to principles of business ethics and lawful conduct. It is AssetLink's policy to behave ethically and lawfully in all matters and to maintain high standards of business integrity.
Employees must at all times comply with AssetLink's Code of Conduct. Violation of any AssetLink guideline is cause for discipline, up to and including dismissal from the company. Employees should consult company management immediately if they have any question whether their actions could violate an AssetLink guideline.
Furthermore, it is AssetLink's practice to voluntarily and promptly disclose known violations of government procurement laws to appropriate officials of government. AssetLink employees should immediately make known to management, any and all allegations of violations in connection with any government contract.
The President of AssetLink is responsible for instructions regarding business conduct and ethics and ensuring compliance.
It is AssetLink's policy neither to buy nor to sell on a reciprocity basis.
To maintain the high performance standards of our products, we base all our purchases on quality, price and the supplier's reliability. To use reciprocity as a purchasing consideration would limit our field of supply and could jeopardize product quality and price.
The employees of AssetLink are a talented and diverse team. Achieving the full potential of this diversity is fundamental to our competitive success. To do so, AssetLink has a strong commitment to equal opportunity.
Business activities such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees, are conducted without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. These business activities and the design and administration of AssetLink benefits comply with all applicable laws, including those dealing with equal opportunity. For qualified people with disabilities, AssetLink makes workplace accommodations that comply with applicable laws, and which AssetLink determines are reasonable and needed for effective job performance. In respecting and valuing the diversity among our employees, and all those with whom we do business, managers are expected to ensure a working environment that is free of all forms of harassment.
This policy is based on sound business judgment and anchored in our AssetLink Values. Every employee in AssetLink is expected to abide by our policy, and all applicable laws on this subject, and to uphold AssetLink's commitment to workforce diversity.
Political Contributions and Employee Participation in Politics
It is AssetLink's policy that we participate in politics as private citizens, not as AssetLink employees. Therefore, it is the policy of AssetLink not to make contributions of resources such as money, goods or services to political candidates or parties. This policy applies equally in all countries where AssetLink does business, regardless of whether or not such contributions are considered legal in any host country.
We encourage AssetLink employees to participate in political activity in their individual communities and countries. The company will do everything reasonable to accommodate employees who need to be away from work while running for or holding political office, participating in political activities, or fulfilling significant party duties during a campaign or election. AssetLink will not pay employees for time off for political activity.
Employee Well-Being and Product Safety
AssetLink has a commitment to employee well-being and product safety.
Each of us shares a personal responsibility for the following objectives:
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace for our employees.
- Provide products that are safe for use by our customers and employees.
- Meet applicable legal requirements and voluntary practices to which we subscribe where we operate and sell products.
- Implement, measure, and continually strive to improve well-being processes for preventing work-related accidents, injuries and illnesses.
- Foster employee involvement to enhance their ability to work safely and productively.
- Investigate and address work-related and product safety incidents.
AssetLink is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information about its employees, customers, Business Partners (including contacts within customers and Business Partners) and other identifiable individuals. Uniform practices for collecting, using, disclosing, storing, accessing, transferring or otherwise processing such information assists AssetLink to process personal information fairly and appropriately, disclosing it and/or transferring it only under appropriate circumstances.
This policy letter sets forth the general principles that underlie AssetLink's specific practices for collecting, using, disclosing, storing, accessing, transferring or otherwise processing personal information. These general principles apply to the processing of personal information worldwide by AssetLink.
The general principles are:
Fairness: AssetLink will collect and process personal information fairly and lawfully;
Purpose: AssetLink will collect only personal information that is relevant to and necessary for a particular purpose(s) and process personal information in a manner that is not incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it is collected.
Accuracy: AssetLink will keep personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed.
Disclosure: AssetLink will make personal information available inside or outside AssetLink only in appropriate circumstances.
Security: AssetLink will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard personal information and instruct third parties processing personal information on behalf of AssetLink, if any, to process it only in a manner that is consistent with processing it on AssetLink's behalf, and to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal information.
Commitment to Diverse Business Relationships
Wherever AssetLink operates, we strive to conduct our business in a fair and equitable manner. Consistent with this objective, we follow local laws and customs of the countries in which we operate, and we actively seek to establish close working relationships with businesses indigenous to those countries.
The policy of AssetLink is to provide diverse businesses the opportunity to participate in all areas of AssetLink's activities. This policy applies to all firms or institutions regardless of the business owner's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a special disabled veteran or other veteran.
In the United States, these activities comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including those dealing with the use of small business; small disadvantaged business; women-owned small businesses; HUBZone businesses; veteran-owned businesses and service-disabled veterans.
AssetLink is committed to stewardship of our environment and our planet. Our corporate policies are:
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace and ensure that personnel have appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbor in the communities where we operate, and act promptly and responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety or the environment. Report them to authorities promptly and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- Conserve natural resources by reusing and recycling materials, purchasing recycled materials, and using recyclable packaging and other materials.
- Develop, manufacture and market products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Use development and manufacturing processes that minimize impact on the environment, including developing and improving operations and technologies to minimize waste; prevent air, water, and other pollution; minimize health and safety risks; and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over nonrenewable energy sources when feasible.
- Utilize AssetLink products, services and expertise around the world to assist in the development of solutions to environmental and scientific problems.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements to which AssetLink subscribes.
- Strive to continually improve AssetLink's environmental management and performance.
Every employee and every contractor on AssetLink premises is expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health or safety concern to AssetLink management, who are expected to take prompt action.
Environmental Goals for 2017
Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
o Replace all non-landlord managed bulbs in each AssetLink office with low energy / high efficiency bulbs by y/e 2017
o Minimize unnecessary air travel by adding an evaluation of the environmental impact for each requested trip when assessing need for physical travel versus virtual meetings.
Waste management and recycling
o Establish recycling program at each AssetLink office by y/e 2017.
AssetLink views quality through the eyes of our clients. AssetLink's commitment to the goal of achieving the highest standards of quality for our products, services, and solutions forms the basis of our value proposition and our brand image, and is a cornerstone upon which AssetLink builds lasting and essential client relationships.
Our value is delivered as AssetLink overall, so this quality delivery can be direct or through our partners and channels which span the geographic markets we serve.
AssetLink’s goal is to consistently provide an experience which contributes to every client’s success, resulting in high levels of client satisfaction, and the client's decision to choose and recommend AssetLink.
Global Employment Standards
At AssetLink, we set high standards for the way we conduct business – in areas from corporate and social responsibility to sound business ethics, including compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
These Conduct Principles apply to all AssetLink employees. However, they are not meant to describe the full scope of AssetLink policies or practices. Employees are required to comply with all AssetLink policies, procedures and practices at all times and are responsible for consulting with management if they have any questions.
Forced or involuntary labor
AssetLink will not use forced or involuntary labor of any type (e.g., forced, bonded, indentured or involuntary prison labor); employment is voluntary.
AssetLink will not use child labor. The term "child" refers to any employed person under the age of 16, or under the age for completing compulsory education, or under the minimum age for employment in the country, whichever is greatest. The only exception to this standard is the use of legitimate workplace apprenticeship, internship and other similar programs that comply with all laws and regulations applicable to such programs.
Wages and benefits
AssetLink will, at a minimum, comply with all applicable wage and hour laws and regulations, including those relating to minimum wages, overtime hours, piece rates, nonexempt or exemption classification and other elements of compensation, and provide legally mandated benefits.
AssetLink will not exceed maximum hours of work prescribed by law and will appropriately compensate overtime. Employees will not be required to work more than 60 hours per week, including overtime, except in extraordinary business circumstances with their consent or where the nature of the position requires such work, as for exempt employees and employees in executive, managerial or professional positions. In countries where the maximum work week is shorter, that standard shall apply. Employees should be allowed at least one day off per seven-day week.
Nondiscrimination and harassment
AssetLink will not discriminate in hiring, promotion, compensation of employees and employment practices on grounds of race, color, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, disability or veteran status. AssetLink will create a work environment free of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.
Respect and dignity
AssetLink will treat all employees with respect and dignity and will not use corporal punishment, threats of violence or other forms of physical coercion or harassment.
Freedom of association
AssetLink will respect the legal rights of its employees to join or to refrain from joining worker organizations, including labor organizations or trade unions. AssetLink complies with legal requirements worldwide regarding employee and third-party involvement. AssetLink respects the rights of employees to organize. The company's belief is that the interests of AssetLink and its employees are best served through a favorable, collaborative work environment with direct communication amongst all levels of staff. AssetLink endeavors to establish such favorable employment conditions, to promote positive relationships between employees and managers, to facilitate employee communications, and to support employee development.
Health and safety
AssetLink will provide its employees with a safe and healthy workplace in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Protection of the environment
AssetLink is committed to environmental protection. In addition to complying with applicable environmental laws and regulations, every employee must comply with AssetLink's environmental policy and the corporate directives that support that policy. Employees are expected to report any environmental concern or violation of environmental law or AssetLink requirements to their management. Managers are expected to take prompt action.
Laws, including regulations and other legal requirements
AssetLink will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and other legal requirements in all locations where it conducts business.
AssetLink expects its employees to conduct business in accordance with the highest ethical standards. AssetLink strictly complies with all laws and regulations on bribery, corruption and prohibited business practices.
AssetLink makes available to all employees open communications channels for suggestions and complaints to management. As a small company, AssetLink maintains confidential channels for direct contact with senior management for employee complaints, including any form of harassment including sexual harassment.
AssetLink is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of information about its employees.
Support for employees and community involvement
AssetLink encourages its employees to enhance the positive impact of their community involvement. Employees are encouraged to approach management and staff with ways to enhance their impact on the communities and the world.